How to Monetize Your Blog Easily and Start Making Money From It
What is Monetization? Monetization means conversion of something into money. It is also the process of making a business activity profit-generating particular in computer and internet-related activities.
There is always a weakness whenever we are engaged in something that we really have interest in and passion for but it is not yielding profit / earnings or bringing in some money.
In blogging, there are somethings that are necessary in order to boost one’s moral towards it but involves gradual process such as getting much traffic, building brand, getting your site link known to the world for a particular niche, and finally monetizing it in one way or the other.
How to Monetize Your Blog Easily?
There are so many ways a blog can be monetized and start making money from it in as much as you have much traffic coming into the blog daily from any source (either from search engines, social media, forums or other platform.). The mistake most bloggers make is that they only focus on one source or platform which is popularly known as Google AdSense.
Ways to Monetize Your Blog
- Advertisement Platform: The very first option you will really want to think of monetizing your blog is through online advertising platform which post different format of advertisement on the blog and pay per clicking or impression on the advertisement links.
There are lots of advertisement platform that a blogger can register for online. Meanwhile we have to make our research very well because some of them are scam and won’t pay for our effort at the end of the day.
These are some of the trusted and tested below:
- Google AdSense: Google AdSense is a program run by Google through which website publishers in the Google Network of content sites serve text, images, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google. They can generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis. Google beta-tested a cost-per-action service, but discontinued it in October 2008 in favor of a DoubleClick offering (also owned by Google).
Google AdSense is a free, simple way to earn money by displaying ads next to your online content. The AdSense Program differs in that it delivers ads served by Google Ads to your site. Google then pays you for the ads displayed on your site based on user clicks on ads or on ad impressions, depending on the type of ad.
- net: Media.net is a contextual advertising network. Media.net is the second-largest contextual advertising network in the world. It is also one of the top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide by market cap. Media.net is often referenced when talking about good ad networks for websites, like Google AdSense. They have ads that are mostly for blogs or text websites, because of the contextual element. If you write a web page about the best computers, it will give ads for computers. Their ads look like a list of links, or buttons that link to another website. Publishers get paid every time someone on their website clicks on one of their ads.
- Mgid/ Taboola/ Steepto: These are advertising platform that looks to bridge the gap between advertisers and publishers. The company specializes in native advertising. Those looking to create a successful advertising campaign can be confident that their offered traffic that is worthwhile, while publishers of blogs and websites can monetize their traffic with ease.
- Propeller: Propeller Ads is a Global Advertising network with 1+ billion online users per month. The company was found in 2011 and since then it has become one of the largest advertising networks.
Note: There are others advertising platforms that are not mentioned above because it hasn’t been tested and trusted by us. You can make your research and check for their review / comments before applying.
- Affiliate Marketing: This is a specialized form of marketing where an advertiser seeks to advertise r sell products or services through an affiliate network.
In Affiliate Marketing, you will be paid for the commission on the products that people purchase by clicking the links through your blog. In Affiliate Marketing, a company will advertise different kind of products on your blog (note: products are different from advertisement) once your blog is approved by them and commission will be paid to you as people clicks to purchase their products on your site. A very popular site known for its affiliate marketing are Jumia, Amazon, and so on.
- Guest Post: Guest Posting means posting on another person’s blog as a guest or requesting to get a particular post or article posted on another blog. This means you contribute content to someone’s blog and in return you get an external backlink to your own blog and wider exposure. Payment can also be attached to guest posting depending on your terms and condition. Guest posting can be reached to a blogger through his/her E-mail and that is part of the reasons contact us page is really compulsory on a blog or website.
- Sponsored advertisement: Sponsorship advertisement is a type of advertising where a company pays to be associated with a specific and is very prevalent with charitable events. Other Companies may sponsor local sporting teams, sports tournaments, fairs, and other community events. Sponsored advertisement is mostly done using different sizes and format of attractive and beautiful banners.