How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog (Tested And Working)
Creating a Blog is a thing on its own and getting or driving traffic into it is entire another thing. Traffic is very important and crucial when it comes to blogging except the person is blogging for money and passion and not because of money. Traffic is very compulsory because before thinking of monetization or different ways of getting money from the blog, the blog must be having enough traffic so all won’t be in waste and cashing out won’t be long or difficult.
Ways to Drive Traffic to a Blog
There are so many ways that one could use to drive traffic to a blog/site, we just have to test them and check the one that is working very well for us.
Let’s list and discuss some of the methods or ways that could be used to drive traffic to one’s blog, note: these methods and ways are tested and trusted but might need a little patience and time before final result could be seen.
- Search Engines: Search Engines are application that searches for and retrieve data based on some criteria especially one that searches the internet for documents containing specified words. This is the major way that one could get lot of traffic into a blog daily if the blog link could rank number one or just on the first page for some particular keywords. Though, getting traffic from search engines on new blogs requires lot of hard work, skills and sometimes patience but it is a very guaranteed way that doesn’t require much stress once the site is ranking and indexing faster, all that would be needed is just adding new posts to the site or editing the existing ones to make changes. Some example of Search Engines we can register and work on to get traffic to our blogs are Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL, Yandex, and so many more.
- Social Media: These are interactive forms of media that allow users to interact with and publish to each other generally by means of the internet. Social Media is another major and guaranteed way of driving traffic into a particular blog. Traffic can be gotten from social media just by sharing our post link (from our personal blog) on them. Getting much traffic from social media can be very easy and easier than getting from search engine but could lead to abuse sometimes if you are using ads on your site especially Google AdSense thereby getting banned or blocked from such online advertising platforms at the end of the day. Some examples of Social Media we can share our blog links on to drive traffics are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Eskimi, Instagram, e.t.c.
- Online Forums: Online Forums are blogs/sites for discussion. They are internet message boards where users can post messages regarding one or more topics of discussion. A blog can also get enough traffic from online forums by answering or giving solution to a particular question or problem and at the end of it give credit to your site by adding your site link to it for people to read more concerning the particular topic. Online forums really help a lot when it comes to driving traffic to your blog. It is also a guaranteed and sure way of getting traffic. Some example of Online forums we can register and work on to get traffic to our blogs are Medium, Reddit, Nairaland, Quora, gistmania, e.t.c.
- Sponsored Posts or Advertisement: Sponsorship advertisement is a type of advertising where a company pays to be associated with a specific and is very prevalent with charitable events. Other Companies may sponsor local sporting teams, sports tournaments, fairs, and other community events. Sponsored advertisement is mostly done using different sizes and format of attractive and beautiful banners.
Sponsored Post or Advertisement is another method of getting traffic into a blog. Here, a particular amount will be paid to another blogger with much traffic to post an article written by you or advertisement banner that includes your blog details on his own blog and give you credit for the it by including your site link in the post or directing people to your site once they click on the banner. This might not bring much traffic though depending on the type of site and the amount of traffic the site you did the sponsoring is getting.
- Guest Posts: Guest Posting means posting on another person’s blog as a guest or requesting to get a particular post or article posted on another blog. This means you contribute content to someone’s blog and in return you get an external backlink to your own blog and wider exposure. Payment can also be attached to guest posting depending on your terms and condition. Guest posting can be reached to a blogger through his/her E-mail and that is part of the reasons contact us page is really compulsory on a blog or website.
Guest Posting also helps to bring more traffic to a blog and works just like the way Sponsored Post or Advertisement works. In Guest Posting also, a post is submitted to another blogger who is having more traffic and ranking higher to publish on his/her blog and give credit by embedding your site link in the posts so that people can click on the link and visit your site to read more concerning that particular topic. The traffic coming though also depends on the type of site and the amount of traffic the site you did the guest posts is having.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are hyperlink to a webpage from an external website. Creating backlinks on another sites is also a way to get traffic to one’s blog. Backlinks can be of many types such as profile backlinks, comment backlinks, and so on. Backlinks does not help in getting traffic alone but also increase ranking and SEO. Backlinks is really an important factor to make a blog grows. Backlinks should be built on sites and blogs that are doing far better than our own blog so as to be very effective in its work.
- Sharing or Broadcasting Post Links to Friends and Groups: Lastly, another sure way to drive traffic to one’s blog is definitely by sharing or broadcasting the blog links to friends and others. We now have some instant messaging applications on our phones that can be used to grow our blogs and get more traffic to it. Example of such applications are WhatsApp, Telegram, 2go, and more.
Message containing our blog links can be shared to our friends on such applications and also be broadcasted to groups we are in it. We should also find a way to join many relevant and relating groups so as to get more audience.