How to become a Blogger in a Very Short Period of Time
What is a Blog? Blog is a website that allows users to reflect, share opinions, and discuss various topics in the form of an online journal, sometimes letting readers comment on their posts. Most blogs are written in a slightly informal tone (personal journals, news, businesses, etc.)
Who is a Blogger? A Blogger is known as a contributor to a blog (from weblog) or online journal. They can also be called Blogmaster or Blogster.
The job of being a Blogger has now gone wild and so rampant in the world today like almost everybody in the world owns a blog of a particular niche or multipurpose blog for one reason or the other.
Everybody is now involved in one or more online business just to maintain themselves such as online ordering, web design and development, freelancing and so on including blogging of course.
How to become a blogger in a very short period of time?
It is indeed possible to become a blogger in a very short period of time though it might require some skills or money to be paid to get it set up.
Let’s take a look at the steps taken to become a blogger in a short period of time.
Steps Taken to a Blogger in a very short period of Time
There are few steps that is needed to be taken in order become a blogger in a short period of time. The steps are listed and explain as follows:
- Purchase a domain: This is any DNS domain name, particularly one which has been delegated and has become representative of the delegated domain name and its subdomains.
To set up a blog, the very first thing that is needed is to think of a domain name and purchase it for ant domain selling site. We have so many domain selling site but the one that would be recommended by me (I means tested and trusted because I have made my research and review on them and also purchased from some.) are Namecheap, Bluehost, Whogohost, Harmonweb, Qserver, and so on.
Just in case you don’t know the meaning of domain name, let take for instance, part of the most visited site in the world “google.com” or “facebok.com” is the domain name with the extension of “.com”. Another thing to know is that there are so many domain extension, some are .com, .net, .co, .org, .com.ng, .uk, .cn, .ng and lot more. Each domain extension price varies (more expensive than other) depending on the one we are really interested in.
- Purchase an affordable Hosting Plan: Hosting is when the computer is attached to a network and to make site made available to a remote user or process.
After purchasing a domain, the next thing to do is to purchase an affordable hosting plan (it can be monthly or yearly depending on individual’s pocket) from a hosting selling site. The one I would recommend (I means tested and trusted because I have made my research and review on them and also purchased from some.) such as Namecheap, Bluehost, Harmonweb and so on.
Choosing the best hosting selling sites plan matters a lot because it determines the speed of site, bandwidth of site, space given for uploads, etc.
Note: Hosting plan and domain can be purchased from the same site or different site. It would be easier to connect the domain to the host if purchased from same site (company) but would require to connect together if purchased from different sites (companies) by changing the name server of the domain to the one of the hosting and will have to wait for it to propagate before going ahead to another step depending on the type of site you purchase the hosting from and the speed at which they operate.
- Upload your site files to make it live: After connecting your domain to the host successfully, the next thing to do is to start building our site by uploading readymade source code or files on the host server or installing CMS (Content Management System) such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. depending on the type of site we want to create or build. WordPress is the best and most common when it comes to blogging.
The site source code must contain some certain files in it before it could work and display properly to the public/users. If any of the important files is missing, this could cause an error on the site and therefore could lead to the crash of site.
- Thorough Testing of Live Site: Immediately you upload the necessary files and you are also done with the editing of the site source code to get your desired design and features, we move to the thorough testing of the site to make sure that everything is working properly the way they are supposed to work and there are no errors or crashes on the site.
Importance of Testing
- Testing really helps to discover if something is faulty somewhere on the site or where is needed to be adjusted
- It also helps to determine the best colors and fonts to be used
- Testing ensures the site works 100% perfectly
- It makes sure make sure that everything is working properly the way they are supposed to work and there are no errors or crashes on the site.
- Broadcasting and Sharing of Site Link: To make the site have more engagement, views, visitors and users, site link and post links must be also to be shared on social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, and so on.
Broadcasting means communicated, signaled or transmitted through radio waves or electronic means. Broadcast of site link can be done through television, radio, newspapers, e-mails, etc.
- Tell People around you about the site: We can also tell people around us about the site for them to visit. We can start with our family, friends, neighbors, and so on. They can also help to broadcast it to others and that is how more people will know about the blog or site.
To become a blogger in a very short period of time will requires skill that could do the above steps explained which could be learned in an institution, through a person or even online via reading, watching and downloading tutorials of different format (which could be videos or written form such as PDFs and Docs mostly).
This can also be achieved by paying token to a professional to get the job done if we lack the skills or won’t have much time to be able to do it ourselves.